How to Apply for CTU Bus Pass Chandigarh
As Mumbai run on Local Train similarly CTU local buses fleet are the lifeline of Chandigarh. CTU that stands for Chandigarh Transport Undertaking came into force on 01-11-1966. In total there are almost 600 buses that run from different nooks of The City Beautiful and interstate routes.
Buses run 24 hours and cover the whole Tricity area that includes Chandigarh, Panchkula, and Mohali taking multiple rounds. People are so fond of their buses that they prefer to board local transport from one sector or location to another.
There are multiple bus stops in the city where people can be often seen waiting for the buses. Every bus has necessary amenities required for a comfortable and safe commute.
All the CTU bus drivers and conductors are reliable as well as punctual. They all follow one dress code. A moment of pride is that you will come across a few women bus conductors also. The buses ambiance is entirely safe for all the travelers, doesn’t matter at what time they are traveling.
Different nearby towns covered by the CTU Buses are:
- Dera Bassi
- Nada Sahib
- Chandi Mandir
- Mohali and Chandigarh Railway Station
and many more
Types of CTU Bus Passes
To let the general public, students, employees, government officials, etc move around in CTU local buses, different types of passes are available.
According to your need, you can avail them.
You can get the bus passes from ISBT-17, ISBT-43 and all the e-gram as well as e-sampark centres in the Chandigarh city. Here goes the list:
1. Daily Pass or One day Pass – For Non-AC and AC buses the charges are Rs 60. For normal buses, the charges are Rs 50. It is valid for the buses that move around in the Tricity area.
2. Student Pass – For the bonafide students of Tricity or those came from other cities to study here. It is available from point to point means from your college/school/institute to home and valid routes. For specific route, the charges are Rs 100, for Non-AC buses is Rs 300 (3 months) and for AC buses it is Rs 500 per month.
3. Employees Pass – For the government employees of any state or corporation working in UT area. Rs 30 single fare for those working in Chandigarh only. Rs 40 single fare for those coming from outside the Chd. For the U.T. Secretariat employees, it is Rs 85. For Non-AC bus Rs 250 per month and Rs 1000 for HV A/C buses, Tricity area only.
4. Police Department Pass – For the personnel’s working as Inspectors in the Chandigarh police department, Jail department and C.B.I. Charges for one month are Rs 100. For Non-AC buses, bus pass charges are Rs 250. This personnel are not allowed to avail the HV A/C CTU bus pass facility.
5. Children’s – For the kids who are between the age of 3 years and 12 years. Not more than 12 years. 50% of the total fare will be charged and full seats will be allowed. Applicable to the local and Tricity area like Zirakpur, Mohali, Mansa Devi, Mullanpur, Panchkula, etc. Same holds for both the Non-AC and HV A/C buses.
6. Senior Citizens Pass – The ID card is issued by the Director of Social Welfare Chandigarh. You need to show this card to the conductor while traveling on the bus. Senior Citizens will be charged 50% of the total fare in UT area only and full for area outside UT. If you want to pass then charges are Rs 250 for Non-AC buses in Tricity and Rs 500 for HV A/C buses.
Single Fare means charge for one side.
e-sampark Centres (closed on Sunday and public holidays) charge Rs 30 more for the Smart Card
Bus pass for long-duration – As of now the CTU bus passes for available only for daily, monthly and quarterly purposes. Passes are issued in form of plastic cards by the e-sampark centres after taking nominal charges. In future the yearly passes will also be available.
Calendar Months Pass – Irrespective of the date you submitted the request, the pass will be issued for the entire month without concession of any form.
It is available for people with special needs or handicapped. Chandigarh Administration being humble takes care of all the citizens of the city considering their special needs. Following people can avail the free facility of local CTU buses:
- Children who are below 3 years and are deaf as well as dumb, mentally retarded people and people suffering from HIV Aids on the basis of the valid photo ID card issued to them by the competent authority can avail free service
- Free Facility for the person along with his or her one attendant: Available for blind person, war widows, freedom fighter and thalassaemic children in tri-city area. Carry your valid photo ID card issued by the competent authority along with you to avail the service.
CTU Bus Pass Form
There are multiple ways.
1. You can go to the e-sampark centres in Chandigarh and apply for CTU bus pass by paying the required fee.
2. Get the application form from the conductors as they are available with all of them.
3. Download the application form, fill it and then submit. For daily pass, you can directly ask the related bus conductor and get it in a minute.
Application Form for Issue of CTU Bus Pass
Read all the instructions thoroughly and fill the form for the required purpose.
Attest the Pass Form from the institution or college where you are studying (Valid in case of students pass)
Carry the copy of your resident proof also along with you.
For residence proof, any one of the following documents can be used:
- Ration Card
- Voter ID Card
- Driving Licence
- Dependent Card or Certificate
- AADHAR Card
- Affidavit by Magistrate or ID card of Institute
- Certificate by SDM or DC regarding the domicile/caste etc
In case you don’t have the residential proof then the affidavit issued by Magistrate or Institute ID Card is required.
Last time the CTU bus fares were increased in March 2018. Recently the fares are again increased that is valid from January 14, 2020.
The daily passes fee for Non-AC buses has been increased by Rs 10 and for AC by Rs 15.
The general public monthly pass prices are increased from Rs 300 to Rs 350. New Charges are applicable on all long and short CTU buses routes.
Facilities Provided in CTU City Buses:
- Free WIFI at bus terminal
- 24 hours service
- First Aid
- Emergency Phone Numbers like 112 for any emergency, 101 for fire brigade, 108 for Ambulance, 1091 for Women Help and so on
- Emergency Stop
- Well trained and courteous staff
- Computerized Ticket
- Surely Sheet for women and senior citizens
- Download CTU Musafir App for tickets booking and CTU Bus Guide to know about different bus stops, routes and their timings
Contact Information of Chandigarh Transport Undertaking:
ISBT, Sector-17 – 0172-2700006
ISBT, Sector-43 – 0172-2624413
E-Mail – email@example.com
Toll Free Number 1800 180 2051